In Italy and abroad, the convention bureau bureau:
- Promotes a tourist destination through a system-oriented combination of various offer components by supporting local bodies and public administrations in conceiving and implementing strategies
- Promotes the MICE offer (meeting, incentive, convention, exhibition) specifically by both participating in B2B events in Italy and abroad and creating on-site initiatives and events to make the destination and its products-services known
Rovigo Convention & Visitors Bureau (RCVB)
Created through collaboration between various players related to the local tourist system (province, consortia, trade associations, foundations, etc.) that from 2011 understood the strategic importance of this market segment – encouraged by a regional development project of MICE tourism – giving birth to the first Convention Bureau, which operated from 2012 to 2014. Regional regulatory changes governing tourism prompted further reflections on the need to build a stronger “destination” identity to promote various tourist offers that differ depending on the target, product and period. Therefore, the Convention Bureau has changed its appearance, opting for the associate form and was re-established in 2015 as a business network between the following companies: Assindustria Servizi srl, CAT Confcommercio Imprese Rovigo scarl and Confesercenti Rovigo srl.
The NETWORK was shared to better achieve the following objectives:
- detect together the best policies aimed at developing the “destination” which starts from Rovigo and involves all the territorial excellences in Polesine, and the Po Delta Park in particular. The Park has been recently included as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve – MaB (Man and Biosphere), thus consolidating the synergies between stakeholders, institutions and entrepreneurs in the industry
- increase the efficiency of actions undertaken to support the offer of business services / MICE (meeting, incentive, convention, exhibition) and their promotion in Italy and abroad
- propose an affiliate system which aims to bring together the operators in the sector to create a distinctive system offer organised by product-service-target (most common approach between the various conventions bureaus)
Rovigo Convention & Visitors Bureau belongs to the Regional Network of Convention Bureaus known as “Venice Region Convention Bureau Network” supported by the Veneto Region with the aim of proposing an integrated offer of the wealth of the seven provinces in the MICE industry. The offer is provided against the backdrop of an extraordinary landscaping context.
Rovigo Convention & Visitors Bureau is the professional partner for companies and event agencies organising meetings, seminars, business events, cultural and sporting events and providing its knowledge and skills to support bodies and institutions in promoting the destination and its entertainment initiatives throughout the year.